Clearly, I Haven’t A Clue What I’m Doing!

Well, what I thought would be a simple request easily satisfied has turned out to be a big pain in the ass. I’m going to blame it on WordPress acting up. Reason? All of you told me that was probably it and practically begged me to use that as an excuse, so that’s what I’m doing. Hey, works for me; I accept enough blame. Sadly, it’s closer to the truth to say it’s because I’m completely inept at this stuff. Or…Spectra is behind this! “Spectra have you found a way to punk me through this piece of shit computer?” I have a sneaking suspicion that’s her tentacles reach farther then she lets on so I’m not ruling her out completely. “Do you hear that? I’m on to you. I’m also setting traps in my house for that conniving little mouse of yours in case he tries to infiltrate and do your dirty work for you!” Play me for a sucka will ya… Hah!

Okay, so I’m going to try downloading these pics of my barn ONE MORE TIME; and as I’ve stated before there’s no picking out the flaws in my pics if they do show up, because I’m working off my cell phone right now. My old tower will not let me download from my digital so cell phone quality is all you’re going to get, okie-dokie? I just want to be clear on that so there’s no snickering about my lousy photography skills.

IF they show up, you should see my creepy, old, dilapidated, red barn that’s seen better days.Ā  To be honest we don’t have the money to restore it, and honestly I like it the way it is because I think it gives the property character. If the pics didn’t download properly then you’re going to have to use your damn imagination, cause I ain’t jacking with this again trying to make it work. I know you all have one…it’s called being a ‘writer’.

32 Comments on “Clearly, I Haven’t A Clue What I’m Doing!”

1. Now here’s the thing… I think you’re just reluctant to post real photos because you don’t want your insurance agent to get a peek at how magnificent the barn really is. You’re afraid he’d whip over there to confirm, and then increase your property insurance! Right? I can’t think of any other reason why you’d tantalize us like this. ::giggle::

Seriously, I hope you figure something out because I love old barns with character and I’d like to see yours. I never have a problem with photos in WordPress, but don’t have any experience with trying to upload them from a phone. Somehow you have to get them onto your hard drive — can you download them from your e-mail into a folder on your desktop? Then you should be able to add them to your post using the ‘Add an Image’ option and go find them in the folder. Or, if you’ve got them showing up in your draft, maybe they’re already in the Media Library, and you can ‘Add an Image’ –> select ‘Media Library’, find it and select ‘Show’ and proceed from there. I know… everything’s logical and easy until a glitch happens and then nothing works. Have you looked for ideas on the WP Help site: http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/ ? Akkkk… in the end I’m no help at all. Sorry. I’ll just use my imagination like everyone else. It’s a positively gorgeous barn!

• Ah Carol, this computer stuff is just a nightmare for me sometimes. I apparently screwed up when I was removing some unused programs from my computer and removed my microsoft word with it. Don’t ask me how. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed. Which means I can’t even download photo’s from my email into a file so my media library on wordpress can pull it up. See?…I’m a complete novice! Oh well, you’re going to have to imagine for a little while longer till I work all the kinks out of my cyber life. I know you can do it! šŸ˜‰

2. egills says:

Ah… I have loads of problems trying to get pictures up on WP… I have found that if I turn them into a slideshow they work better

I selected you for the Blog Love award. Go here it check it out. http://mairedubhtx.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/blog-love/

• Thank you! Ahh..you guys are just way too good for my ego. Think I can bring some of you home and just place you around my livingroom to tell me everything I need to hear like little Stepford dolls or something?

Tentacles. eh? hah! Jerry IS my tentacle! and he’s the one whose been chewing thru all of your PC wiring and eating your towers’ guts. His favorite lunch? Fish n’ MicroChips!
    love the blank boxes. Must agree with all and say, tre’chic, trendsetting new idea. The barn is magnificent. Through the upper left window, however, I can see a Meth Lab getting ready to blow! Hope that barn is insured. For like half a million$$$. think of the vacation that’d buy you! and the shoes! My God, the shoes!
    I’m still in Boston. It’s cold and rainy. my hairs a friggin’ horror show scene from Young Frankenstein or Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    I’m commenting from my cell phone as I opted not to bring my computer along. Do you have internet on your phone? If so, you could do your post from phone and insert pics from there. If not…just go to Bing Images and download a buncha barn pics, write good captions, we’ll never know the dif. you could probably even invent some good Barn Fiction to entertain us all.
    Good Luck Tonto.

• Oh, my amazing, talented, incredibly screwed-up friend, tis you that has sent me on this journey of mockery in the first place. And tell your little mouse if he enters my house again that his ass is grass, cause I’ve brought in three of my new, razor-sharp-clawed kittens, and they intend to take him out!
      Well, I’m going to see what else I can do about trying to get these damn pics up, cause now I’m mad and a woman on a mission, but if push comes to shove I’m emailing them from my email address to yours, and then posting that they have to go to your site to see them. Ha..ha…ha..ha…ha..ha.. I’ll just title my post “Spectra’s got my photo album. Go knock on her door.”

5. You may have started a new trend. Tell people what you have posted and make them (and their imaginations) do the work. When I have technical problems I always blame it on a screw loose in the operator. And it usually is.

• Well, there’s definitely a screw loose in this operator, that’s for sure. Ah well…it’s a good thing that the forum I tried to download them onto is full of a bunch of writers, huh? At least I know all of you have imagination enough to pull it off.

6. I love your blog even the empty boxes. šŸ˜‰
    I think you and your blog deserve this!

7. Guess what? Yes I can’t see them either but you know what also? your post is still good!! In fact the empty boxes are like a new idea for blogging – just visualising whatever pics you want. Works for me you little trend setter you. Why I can even imagine a little cartoon series with the final one being you jettisoning your pc out the window with your boot…!

• Oh my gosh, you’re too funny Penny! I wish I were that clever to have thought of that. Ha..ha.. And yeah, if the old man doesn’t get my newer Dell fixed soon he’s going to be cleaning up the walkway with this one, cause I’m about fed-up with it.

8. Wazeau says:

It looks like the URL for the pictures is pointing to your personal webmail, which is why no one else can see them. You need to upload the pictures to your wordpress directory and then link to the wordpress URL. I’m not exactly sure how to do that over the phone though. If you can see your pictures on your webpage from your computer, try right-clicking them and doing the “save picture as” to your computer. If that works then upload them to wordpress from there like normal.

• I can’t save the pic to my computer. Apparently something has gone a foul with this old pc I’m working on and I’ve completely lost my microsoft word on it and my photo shit. Who knows? I just need to get my newer tower running again and send this one to the cyber junkyard. Right now I’m trying to figure out how I might go about using flickr to download my photo’s till I can get the pc nightmare remedied. Learning all this shit is madness!

9. jennajadee says:

I agree! I am with “But That’s For Another Blog” they look great šŸ˜‰ (pssst. I cant see em either) I hope you get it fixed soon, my imagination can only go so far, LOL!!

10. Hello Kitty –

Oh Kitty you are a woman that goes directly to my heart with barn pics. If I may be so bold to quietly confess something to you here. My first time was in an abandoned barn a couple miles west of town here. She ended up being my first major major if you know what I mean back when I was a 17-year old quarterback on my football team. But Kittster Dear…I cannot see your wonderful photos. Is it me or what? Enjoy your Wednesday. šŸ™‚

• No, it’s not you. ((sigh)) Apparently my son and I here at home are the only ones that can enjoy how wonderful they look on the post. WTF? I have no idea.
      In a barn, huh? Charlie, why don’t I see that as such a stretch for you, and I’m not a bit surprised? Well I can’t claim any barn sex on my list, but I like the great outdoors, can claim many area’s as my own, and my personal favorite was the middle of the golf course. After you fool around on the blanket for a while you can streak through the sprinklers they have. Wonderful summer evenings. Good times! Good times! Ahh…to be young and have everything perky again. šŸ˜‰

11. I can’t see them either but I’m imagining them and they’re great!!

12. I can’t see them either…

• Huh, go figure! Now I can see them plain as day. I guess this is where you girls are going to have to use your vivid imagination. I have no idea why the photo’s aren’t showing on yours. I’m seriously beginning to consider that there is something going on with WordPress. It was fine until these new comment boxes showed up, and now it seems everything is going out of whack. I wonder if they are trying to sort of amp up the website and in doing so it’s screwing up a bunch of other shit. I hope not. I like this one, but if it continues complicating my being able to post, etc..I’m going somewhere else. You wouldn’t believe how long it takes me sometimes just to comment in bloggers boxes. It’s frustrating.

• Ditto! Wanna seeeeee them . . . *whine*

I suppose my frustration is fairly insignificant here. :p

• You’re feelings are never insignificant, my dear. Tsk..tsk.. to even think that way. No, apparently my pc is jacked up and unless I’m downloading photo’s right off the internet I’m screwed. Alas, is the madness ever going to end?

• Raziya says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I prdovie credit and sources back to your site? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would genuinely benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Cheers!

• No, I have no problem with that, as long as it’s not used in a negative way. Although I reread this particular post and fail to see how you could gather anything beneficial from it, other than I’m a complete novice at times when it comes to blogging. Ha..ha..
            I don’t ‘facebook’ so what is your blog name? I’d like to peruse it.

13. Brenda says:

I can’t see the pics, just boxes of where they should be. What is the file type? How are you uploading them? You haven’t had any probs in the past with pics?

• Well, maybe you can help me, because I’m lost. Oh, and the pics I used in the past were off the internet and I just copied the url and pasted. With these I took them with my cell phone, forwarded them to my email address, copied the url’s off each, and then downloaded them onto my post via the ‘media’ method. They show up on my draft, in my draft preview, and also on my post preview. I can see them clearly. WTF? Well, I’m not going to trash the post again like I did yesterday. If they aren’t there then they aren’t there. Guess I’ll just have to wait till I get my Dell tower fixed so I can once again download from my digital. Got any idea’s.

• Just Bren! says:

If you forwarded them to your email addy, did you download to your pc from there? Have you tried uploading the pics directly into your post, instead of to your media? Maybe its just me now. Maybe someone else will speak up and say if they can see them or not. Strange…

• Something funky is going on with my pc and I can’t download the email photo’s onto it. Dunno! I also tried copying and pasting into my post, but that didn’t take. The only thing that works is pasting the url. What I can’t figure out is why it shows up on mine and no one else’s. Weird, huh? Oh well… I guess I’ll just have to wait till the other tower gets fixed. The hubby is a procrastinator. I don’t think it matters to him because the only thing he uses the pc for is the internet. I, on the other hand, use it for everything. I’m doing all my writing on legal pads currently because my Word is down, if that tells you anything. ((groan))