Pissy and Pandora Partied Hard!

Okay, so I’ve been incognito for damn close to a week now, but Pissy has been busy, busy, busy. First I spent the weekend with Pandora Patty, then I spent two days recovering…YES, RECOVERING…from the weekend with Pandora Patty. The last couple of days I’ve been fighting with trying to get shit cleaned out of my computer, trying to download photo’s I took from the weekend–and if they don’t show up I don’t know what to tell you–and of course I decided to change my blog theme, because frankly I have the attention span of a two year old and bore easily. In case anyone is interested, the header photo above is Pissy’s property. Yes, that’s my personal hovel. I’m a country bumpkin now, doncha know! The brilliant colors in the background are pics of an actual sunrise from the viewpoint in my yard this past winter. No shit, It’s like a light-show some mornings. Neat, huh? On with my weekend…

Now I’m gonna try and use as much discretion as I can with these pics, and can’t include them all, but wanted to highlight on the ones I did. Not all are going to be flattering for everyone, including me, so the lot of you are going to have to suck it up if you find yourself on this post and don’t like it. Oh yeah, Disclaimer: All photo’s taken were with the permission of each individual that had ample warning this was going on my blog. So don’t bellyache later!

Pandora Patty and her dad.

Pandora Patty and I had a nice dinner after she first arrived in town on Friday, and then headed out to see her dad. Here’s a pic of the two of them together. Isn’t that sweet? ((sigh)) It makes me miss my dad. She was just so pooped after from driving all day we decided on grabbing alcohol, getting our motel room, and staying in for the rest of the night. I could’ve done without the six pack of Bacardi Raz. Ewww…too sweet! Patty didn’t seem to have a problem polishing off her bottle of wine. What was it she referred to it as…’twist-top’? We had quite the laugh over that, as I was quick to point out it was just another way of saying ‘cheap’.

The next day we wasted no time in hitting the bar. Didn’t venture too far as she was driving, but did go into the little town of Avoca, Iowa, to a place called “Freds”, where the service was good, the bartender was friendly, and the locals were chatty. Pissy loves chatty locals, as you’ll see in upcoming pics. Not a lot going on there, except they piped jazz music out in the streets which was cool, so we headed up to Walnut, Iowa, ‘The Antique City’.

View of the main strip in Walnut Iowa.

View of the main strip in Walnut, Iowa

There’s a bar tucked away dead center of the antique shops called “Dmaku’s Tiki Bar and Grill” that we went into. We met the nicest folks in there that night.

View of "Dmaku's Tiki Bar and Grill" from the sidewalk.

The owners, Marty and Deemaku Atkinson were way too cool to hang with.

Deemaku and Marty Atkinson (owners of "Dmaku's Tiki Bar & Grill", Walnut, Iowa).

Don’t they just look like they’d be tons of fun? They are! Made us feel completely welcome and at home. Big shout out to “DMAKU’S TIKI BAR AND GRILL”!

Marty and Deemaku sharing a bit of conversation with us at the bar.

Inside of "Dmaku's Tiki Bar & Grill" in Walnut, Iowa

Inside of "Dmaku's Tiki Bar & Grill" in Walnut, Iowa... with Pandora Patty sitting at the bar.

And the drinking and 8-ball begins….

Β Is Pandora Patty laughing because she’s already getting drunk, could it be my pool game, or the glasses I’m forced to wear to be able to shoot my pool game? Hmm….

Pissy taking a shot. (Old lady can't see without her glasses now. Ugh!)

Yeah, Grandma here can’t do shit without her ‘eyes’ anymore. Talk about giving away my age!

Deemaku's artwork.

Of course once I noticed the ink I had to get some pics… Isn’t Deemaku just cute as a button!?

Marty's ink.

Had to include Marty in this. He’s got quite a few. (Sorry Marty, I’m not going to include them all. I am, however, planning on including all pics on a separate page to be added later.)

Marty's ink.

More of Marty's ink.

Pandora Patty playing the jukebox.

Tunes are good. Now we’re getting into the swing of things.

Pissy and Pandora Patty. (Ahhh...can you feel the love?)

Yep, the liquor is starting to hit. We’re posing for cheesy shots again!

"Hmm...is Marty laughing because he's drunk, or because I'm drunk?"

They put Pissy to work?

Okay, maybe it was Marty that was drunk after all. Can you believe that Deemaku asked me to bartend for her while she took Marty home? Huh? I even asked her if she were sure, and she said “Well, you said you used to bartend.” Umm..okay. She’s gotta be the most trusting person I’ve ever met. Patty and I sort of laughed about it after. My god, we could’ve taken money out of the till or loaded up the trunk with beer. I must have a trusting face, huh?

I got to serve Pandora Patty again. Wait...isn't this how we met?

Pissy with one of her 'temporary' customers.

Pissy loves making new friends.

Phew! I’m glad all 20 minutes of that bartending gig is over. Pissy is just exhausted now and needs another beer!

Hanging out with the locals.

I could be wrong, but this local didn't seem too enthused I was taking his pic.

Where'd all these people come from? Porch is filling up!

Think they're related? Duh! Can you say...carbon copy?

These people obviously aren't the least bit interested in my camera.

I felt right at home with these women. She even looks a little like Pissy when I'm in a foul mood. MaMa?

Too much of a good thing, so Pandora Patty and I stepped across the street for a bite to eat at a swanky place called “Tony’s BBQ Bistro”. Took pics but it was so dark none showed up. Oh well…I was trashed by then anyway. We just had the cutest waiter serve us. His name was James Fischer. Pissy was ready to party hard after stuffing her face, so I asked him when he got off work and if he’d like to join us. Of course he said yes!

This gentleman is a local who transplanted to Florida. (What the hell is he doing here over a holiday? I'd be in Miami!) That tall, cool, drink of water in the background approaching is James, the waiter from "Tony's BBQ Bistro" across the street.

Pissy and her new friend, James. He likes older women ((wink..wink..)). Nah...I was good, dammit!

Pissy just loves them ‘pretty’ boys!

Pandora Patty got pooped after the wine and figured she’d head back to the hotel (It was a long day!) I decided to hang with James and hit another bar in Atlantic. Pandora Patty dropped us off there en-route to the motel (Yes…I felt awful the next morning that I bailed on her, but I was on my ‘drinking’ roll, and fortunately she understands that I only get out of the house to have fun like once a fucking year…so there!)

My pool game was 'rocking' till these clowns came along. Or maybe Pissy had too many shots by then??

Men just go out of their way to treat me like a lady, don't they?

James stepping out back for a smoke

James first mistake when we got to the other bar was insisting on buying me the shot of my choice and partaking of the same. Pissy drinks Jack Daniels. He begged off after the 2nd or 3rd I believe. (Hey, doesn’t he know it’ll put hair on his chest? Worked for me….ha..ha. Oh, fuck I’m just kidding!)

Wow!! Pissy is trashed and we're having entirely too much fun.

Think James is drunk? Those glasses are mine.

Stea-dy...Stea-dy... I was drunk, but James took the pic. Yep, he was drunk too!

Go figure that the people we were supposed to meet at the other bar that were going to give us a ride never showed. Closing time James was frantically searching for a ride for me. This nice fella came along and decided to take us the distance. Who says chivalry is dead?

Desmond Armentrout of University of Mass of Amherst. In town visiting, and was my knight in shining Mustang.

I had to get a shot of all of us. Think I was distracting Desmond, the driver?

Well, both these nice gentlemen dropped me back at the motel, and in the morning a very hungover Pissy had to apologize to Pandora Patty for bailing on her. My bad! The weekend was coming to a close so we ventured out and towards a little place to get some breakfast Sunday morning.Β

Inside of "The Wander In Cafe" in Carson, Iowa...just a stone's throw from my house.

On the left was our waitress. On the right is the owner of "The Wander In Cafe". (Owner is the best damn cook I've ever found!)

Pandora Patty at breakfast. Pissy doesn't care if she wants her pic taken or not.

Hey, here she is again! Ha..ha..

Close-up! She's gonna hate this one. I don't care. I think she's beautiful in the morning.

Pandora Patty stopped at the house for a few to visit with the old man when she took me home. He was hungover too and looking a little rough. Drinking and fishing will do that to ya!

I don't think the 'old man' wants his pic taken.

This is what Pissy wakes up to every morning. Pssst...He's gonna kill me when he sees this pic. Ha..ha..

Well, we’re about to say our goodbyes. One last photo of the two of us for the road. I hope you were able to enjoy our weekend with us!

Last pic before Pandora Patty goes home. When we sat down for this she tried to tell me the big boobs go in front, and I assured her that muffin-top goes in back, and that rules.

22 Comments on “Pissy and Pandora Partied Hard!”

1. Woohoo!! Finally got to see Pissy in action πŸ˜‰ Shooting pool is so much fun, and that lady sure did trust you… πŸ™‚ Great pictures Mama Lou! I hope you continue posting more, it is good to see you smiling. Did you take James home with you? haha!

• Nah…Mama Lou is all flirt and no action. Ha..ha.. James and our ride, Desmond, dropped me off at the hotel where I was staying with Patty like complete gentleman would, with nothing more than a hug and peck on the cheek for payment (I would love to hook my daughter up with James though. God he’s a doll!). I even showed my husband pics of my weekend when we got back, and he just rolled his eyes. He’s pretty secure. I’m just a harmless flirt. It’s my nature and he knows that. Besides, look at my hairy, hunka-hunka burning luv! That’s my type sweetie. Mama Lou likes em inked, hairy, and bringing attitude!
      We had a lot of fun. I can’t wait till Pandora Patty and I hook up again! We were supposed to do Key West together over Labor Day, but that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen since I’m seriously short on funds. Ah well…we still have plans for Salem Massachusetts next Halloween!

2. Jodi Lea says:

I enjoyed your girl’s road trip!! I look forward to reading about the next adventure πŸ˜‰

• Well thank you! Unfortunately they don’t come nearly often enough. 😦 My best friend lives in North Carolina.
      Anyway, I’m very pleased to meet you and will have to pop over to your site and say hello!

3. Kim says:

It looks like you ladies had an awesome time!!!! πŸ™‚

• Oh, we had tons of fun, but then I’m anything but a wallflower. Age don’t stop me when I get wound up. I’m suspecting you probably do a little of the partying yourself. There’s nothing wrong with ‘girls just wanting to have fun’. I paid my mommy dues. Now it’s my turn.

Real down-to-earth people, right? Glad you had a time and a half!
    Awesome new look, by the way!

• I love people in general, but I find locals in a little ‘hole in the wall’ bar to be the best. Uber-friendly, down to earth, and comfortable enough to let loose. Oh, I had tons of fun, but then I can ‘make’ fun wherever I go. I hate to be bored, so I’ve learned to entertain myself. Ha..ha.
      I’m glad you like the new look. I could probably take a more recent pic of my acreage that includes leaves on the trees, as the one in the header is from winter, but I thought it looked pretty cool so I put it up anyway. Now that I got this damn pc up and running I intend on posting more soon. I just love my property. My little slice of heaven more often than not. Now do I really have to have the hubby, teenage kid, and all these animals to screw that up? πŸ˜‰

5. James Fischer says:

Hi, Its James Fischer. ! Im lovin your site and all that you have to say! πŸ™‚ Do i ever get to meet your beautiful daughter? :)ttyl

• Well hi sweetie! I tried to send you a text to make sure you had the blog name down so you could see the awesome photo’s I took of your bad ass, but it wouldn’t go through, so I wasn’t sure if it was a home phone instead of cell. I’m glad you found me anyway! πŸ˜‰
      Oh, my beautiful daughter. In a perfect world I could get the two of you together. I think you’re absolutely the shit! She tries to keep up with my blog so hopefully she’ll see the pics and quiz me on “Who’s that?”. Can you tell I don’t exactly care for her current beau? ((sigh)) She works a lot so I usually wait for her to call me.
      I had tons of fun! Thanks for coming out to play with this old, gray mare. You breathed life right back into her. I told the old man that we’re going to have to stop into Tony’s together so I can see you again. I showed him the pics, and he just rolled his eyes. Nothing phases him. He’s too funny! I hope you got home alright, babe. I think it’s safe to say you were probably as trashed as I was. Good to blow off steam though, huh?

• James Fischer says:

Yeah, absolute blast! Please do come in to the Bistro. I’ll be there Friday and Saturday night (6-10). I can’t wait to do it all over again! I don’t have texting; just old school calling is it.  Come on back with your hubby and ill be sure you get the most perfect dinner around served to you both! !ttyl

• Well, when I mentioned to him swanky, dark restaurant he sort of wrinkled his nose. You seen the pic, he’s a no-nonsense, meat and potatoes type of guy. Ha..ha.. Maybe someday if I can get him to dress up, wine and dine me. In the meantime I might be able to get him to head that way some weekend , and you can come across the street and have some drinks with us. He liked that little bar the last few times we took the scoot that way.
          Well, you know where I am now so you make sure to keep in touch. And I’ll make sure if I try and reach you to call this time.
          Thanks for tons of fun, sweetie, and for making sure this old broad got back to Pandora Patty safely! You’re a gem.

6. Wow, my wife and I were just in Iowa (briefly). It was very nice, but I didn’t see much of it. I spent most my time staring at our rapidly fluctuating temperature gauge. I could sense there were some very nice people around, though. πŸ™‚

• Iowa can be pretty boring; farms, cornfields, and rednecks come to mind for most folks. I admit, we have a lot of those. Like anywhere, I suppose, it also has it’s share of nice folks and assholes. I’m used to the monotony and have learned to make due. I’ve also learned it’s usually easier to entertain myself if I bring the party with me rather than look for one. My husband says I’m my own best friend. Ha..ha.. Next time you get round this neck of the woods do what I do. Find yourself a little hole in the wall, and start visiting with the locals. You’ll be amazed at how much fun you can have! You’ll walk away with more shit to blog about and take pics of than you can shake a stick at. πŸ˜‰

7. Awesome pics, love the new theme!!! Yay, it’s all good πŸ™‚

• Thank you! I take that as a huge compliment from you since your blog is sooo cool, and I play hell trying to figure out how to do anything on mine.
      I’m sort of now questioning whether I should pull the hubby pics and update the page. My son pointed out that he is going to be ((MAAAAAAAAD)) if he knows I did this. Hmm…way to piss off the old man, Pissy! Well, the pics may not be flattering, but then most of mine aren’t either! I’m trying to be real here and he’s getting in my way again, dammit! Sorry….momentary lapse of sanity. I guess I’ll give it a couple of days and see how I feel. If he doesn’t catch them first! “Rut ro raggy”.

8. Pandora Patty says:

OK, I haven’t been adorable since I was, like, five! (Thank you, by the way.) I personally think my dad is adorable. Lou, you’ve been with me through so much, I’m sure he considers you one of his girls. HELL YES, I had a good time!! Sorry I had to be the pawty poopah. I wish all your new friends could meet you in person — you are a handful, and I could use the help!! Sorry about all the exclamations, kids. It was way too short a weekend, but it was fun. I miss you already.

• Ohhhh yes you are adorable!!! You just can’t see it cause you’re a negative-ninny.
      Ah, don’t worry about not wanting to close the bar. I know you were exhausted from driving. I just wasn’t ready to go in the house when the street lights came on, and I was a bad girl and decided to stay out late. I don’t expect you to do anything you don’t want to do, anymore than I know you expect me to do something I don’t want. Perhaps that’s why our friendship has been so fabulous for so long is that we let the other be exactly who they are! Think?
      Me….a handful? P-shaw! As if! I’m just fighting growing up is all. Don’t see nothing wrong with that, love. And I miss you already too!!!

9. So, so happy that you FINALLY had a great weekend. Great photos too. And yes, they are here.
    Like the new look blog too.

• Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was going to be too dark a look for it or not.
      Yes, the weekend was wonderful. Not relaxing..ha..ha..but I wasn’t looking for that anyway. I just wanted to have some fun with my best friend, and I’m pretty sure we accomplished that! I hope you had a good weekend too. Is the hubby able to get around now?

10. Oh Penny, I’m so glad the pics showed this time. (You know what a novice I am at this stuff.) I was so worried I was going to end up with blank boxes again. Ha..ha..
    We had such fun this weekend. Okay, I probably shouldn’t speak for her, but I had sooo much fun this weekend, and I think she enjoyed herself too. I love going to different places and meeting the locals. It probably doesn’t hurt that I’m a major flirt! I showed my hubby all the pics when I got home and he just rolled his eyes. Now that’s a trusting man, huh? Especially since the young-un I was hanging on was a little hottie! Eh..I’m all flirt and no show. It’s harmless.
    I never paid attention to where my husband was sitting. Too funny that his hungover ass is right in front of my frillies, huh? Very manly! I don’t know who felt worse that morning, me or him. I think the small time a part did us some good. He hasn’t stopped hanging on me since!
    Thanks for the compliment on my hovel. It’s far from a mansion, I assure you, unless it’s a VERY OLD one. It is a large house and the property is vast though, and I enjoy the peace. Perhaps I’ll get some shots of the inside soon and let you all cast your opinion on what I should or shouldn’t do with it. The only one that will be ignored is “Burn it down!” Ha..ha..
    I hope you had a great 4th of July weekend, hon.

11. Oh my this is just fab! The blog now, the photos – yes the photos!!, your whole weekend, the contrast of your old man and his manly art and the ruffles of the curtains behind!! You look like you are a whole new you! and the adorable Pandora Patty. Just. Love. It. Ten out of ten πŸ™‚ I’m not even going to start on your gorgeous house – it’s a mansion!