More About Me? Dare I?Posted: September 29, 2011
I’ve just been busy, busy, busy. Finally managed to get everyone I needed on the blog roll–I like to give newbies the chance that everyone who included me did–updated those that have changed their names, addresses, etc.. and now time to chill and do a bit of writing. If any of you notice that your name is not there and should be just give me a yell. I’m wishy-washy at best and don’t catch everything. That, and I know there are a few of you I was subscribed to that suddenly was no longer on my subscription list. ??? Have no idea what is going on with Word Press nowadays, but shit’s been occurring left and right lately, so don’t blame me….kay? I tried to catch it and remedy it. I still luv ya!
Okay, on to the next topic–((cringe))–the Versatile Blogger Award. I elaborated on the cringe because I’ve received it several times, but have never participated in the follow-up requirements, and kinda feel like an ass cause I don’t. Apparently not a big enough ass, mind you, to go ahead and just do it, but still an ass. Not that I don’t appreciate it. I really do. It means a lot when your peers take notice of your work whatever it may be. For me to have someone say they like my writing speaks volumes. And as long as all of you are okay with the fact I don’t follow-up, keep handing em over. I won’t bitch. The thing is I’m just not a ‘joiner’. Is that even a damn word? So much for being a literary ‘giant’ that earns awards, eh?
I’m not quite sure why I’m not, being the people-person that I am…but I’m just not. Probably some characteristic peculiarity (I got that from my online dictionary and used it cause it sounded pretty smart) called an Idiosyncrasy (I actually knew that word. Kudo’s to me for being ‘kinda’ smart without help. Ha..ha…). I think it’s due to my having such a less-then-stellar childhood, being homely, always feeling the need to ‘join’ and ‘participate’ in everything my friends did in order to feel somewhat equal and accepted. Tough shit to admit…but nevertheless the truth. Any-hoo…once I moved out and past that awful stage in my life, I almost rebelled and in defiance moved to the beat of my own drum. I’ve been like this for years. I just like to do my own thing, be my own person, and don’t wanna feel ‘required’ to do much else. I find doing shit that don’t come naturally or feels uncomfortable to be a lot of unnecessary work for me. Anyway, my problem and I hope I worded it to where you all understand but don’t take offense. I love you all and wouldn’t want anyone to think otherwise. I do know that ‘part’ of the requirements are to share, I believe, 7 things about myself that you all might not know, right? I’m willing to do that. Well….if you’re interested.
I thought about this for a bit, and must admit I was stumped at first. I’ve shared so much with you all I couldn’t figure out what tid-bit about me might be interesting you don’t already know. I know anyone who reads my blog understands what I mean, because, well…Pissy shares EVERYTHING and doesn’t mind hanging her dirty laundry in public. I got a filthy, dirty mouth, and no filter on my thoughts or entries. Yep, my own brother told me at the last, family dinner I attended “I just can’t read that!” Ha..Ha..Ha.. I took that as a compliment. It meant I’m being true to the promise I made myself that my blog would be all about ‘truths’. Anyway, this is what I came up with.
1. I drove the ‘Big Red’ Wells Fargo armored trucks and carried a 12-gauge and 38 for a while after my first marriage ended.
2. I had a temporary stint as a dancer when my two youngest were still small. No, I don’t mean ‘tap’ or ‘ballet’. Ha..ha.. Picture a pole…. (Hey, someone had to feed the kids. The ex-husband wasn’t paying child support, and I was still trying to get my GED and move past the 8th grade education I had.)
3. I can roll my belly like a belly-dancer. (Okay, I’m not so sure about now with the whole ‘muffin-top’ thing going on, but I used to be really good at it. Believe it or not, I learned from my oldest sisters, first husband. Funny, huh?)
4. I’m a twin-survivor. (That’s what they call it anyway. My mother nearly miscarried both of us before her due-date, lost the other, but I survived. She always told me while I was growing up that I had the brains and orneriness of the both of us.)
5. My favorite music overall is Motown. My favorite band is ‘Yes’. My favorite song is “Miracles” by ‘Jefferson Starship’. My favorite color is Black. For years it was the only color other than denim in my wardrobe.
6. Contrary to my deep, religious ties and upbringing I have a mad fascination with all that’s paranormal and occult, believe in ghosts, and really feel if there is such a thing as reincarnation I lived a previous life as a witch. (Laugh if you will, but my husband nor friends don’t think it’s that funny. They tell me I have a dark-side. 😉 I find this to be a very uncomfortable side to myself, have tried to disregard it, but am drawn to it nonetheless out of curiousity.
7. You’ve seen pics of me and my son together, the old man, and Pandora Patty, but I’ve yet to introduce you to my youngest son, my daughter, and my two grandchildren…so here they are.
Well, now you know nearly as much about me as I do. Ah, just kidding… I’m a woman of M-A-N-Y secrets.