Happy New Year Kids!

I thought I’d better drop in and leave a post before everyone thinks I’ve fallen off the face of the earth. As you can see no such thing has happened. Pissy has just been busy living her life. I did get my ass chewed recently by my daughter, Jessie, and Halloween Kristy (I’ve now dubbed her, so there’s no confusion as to whom I’m speaking about) though, so that twisted my arm a bit too. Anyway, I’m here, ready to get down to business, so let’s stir up a little dust in the litterbox, shall we? 🙂

The New Year is close enough in my neck of the woods that I can almost feel Father Time reaching out to take hold of my hand as he guides me through the membrane from this year to the next. Twenty nine minutes away to be exact. How is Pissy bringing in the New Year? My being a woman who lives on the edge and all…Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ((snort)) Ha, Ha….well, while the majority are out dressed in their finery swilling cocktails with their partners, friends and/or family, and awaiting the moment at the stroke of midnight when they can make senseless music with their noisemakers, I’m sitting here with all of you. The festive attire I don is my husband’s long johns that are slightly yellowed from hard water. I’ve taken great pains to make sure my hair is just so, and resembles a Pebbles Flintstone look while pony-tailed and piled on top of my head. Chilled champagne is much too racy for me this evening and I’ve settled for an icy glass of Squirt on my nightstand instead. Yep, I’m propped up in bed lounging on the most anticipated night of the year for partying; me, my new laptop, and all of you.

The Old Man and I had actually made plans but nixed them mid-week. I can’t get him to go out bar-hopping—as he claims it’s amateur night and isn’t going to deal with the cops and drunks—so we thought instead we’d put together a little something at the homestead with just a few friends. That had been our original plan, but then I pulled something in my back. This, after dealing with my 18 year old son who has been in crisis mode after a breakup with his girl, and the lab puppies I now refer to as my ‘Children of the Corn’, was a bit too much and I knew I wasn’t up to entertaining. Even after we were invited elsewhere, but opted instead to stay home. Funny, but I can’t say I’m too disappointed. Tomorrow morning there are going to be a lot of miserable people out there: Most will be hung-over. Some will be sitting in jail. Still others will be waking up with someone they can’t remember even going home with. I’m speaking from personal experience. Been there, done that, and can’t say I enjoyed any of those after-party mornings. I, on the other hand, will greet the brand new year with a clear head, lying between warm, soft, fleece sheets, next to my long-haired, tattooed, white, biker-trash husband. I’ll take this over the other any day.

I wonder if this means I’m finally growing up. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I’ve always considered ‘adult’ to be a dirty word. Being an adult means you can’t do dumb shit, make an ass out of yourself, and get away with it. Being an adult means uptight, responsible, practical, and boring as hell. Being an adult means you’re even closer to taking a dirt nap then you were before…and I’ve always intended to live forever! So am I growing up? Nahhhhh! I think I’m just pooped and getting my second wind. As long as the spirit is willing…

I’ve got too many plans this next year to grow up now. I’m promising myself to start an exercise regimen, lose ten pounds, tone up that muffin top, and get back into that damn bikini that’s been slumbering in the back of my drawer for the last few years. I’ve got the Old Man’s birthday to look forward to in a few weeks, and fully intend to ‘tear it up’ with him. Then there’s Spring and Summer that always brings with it too many warm afternoons and evenings accompanied by cold beer. I also have that fiftieth birthday coming up next November that Pandora Patty and I intend to celebrate the last week of October in Salem, Massachusetts. I have a book to finish, that who knows…could actually prove to push me forward and out of my comfort zone here in the sticks. I got too much on my plate; too much fun to look forward to that I need to steer clear of adulthood for yet a little while longer. My wish for all of you is that you can dodge that bullet also.

Well, “Happy New Year’ all. I hope 2012 brings you the kind of life you want, the happiness you deserve, and love without limits. Always remember YOU are the greatest love, the most important person, and the best friend that YOU will ever have. Honor and respect yourself. I love you all.

25 Comments on “Happy New Year Kids!”

1. Happy New Year my friend…I hope it brings you all you deserve and want 🙂 xoxox

2. Kristy Peterson says:

Well my dear friend Lou, you never fail to make me smile! Your just what i needed before I head out the door on my way to work for the second time! Yes, I went in early just to realize that hag of a mananger scheduled me to close!! (you think i could get it right since I am that HAG!) Anyway love the blog as usual and miss your company. I am feeling the need for a night of beer and bashing……whatever we feel like bashing and lots of beer:) Talk to you soon!

• OMG Girl…I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to reply! Been in a bit of a funk here lately.
      A night out would be fabulous! I am so ready to shed the bonds of this house for an evening; crack a beer and a smile. 🙂 You’re birthday is coming up though, so I figure that date is a given. Just a couple more weeks!

3. Kristy Peterson says:

OOh Lou, you always make me smile….. your blog is just what i needed as I head to work today for the second time!! Yes, i went in early only to find out the old hag of a manager scheduled me to close! (you think when i make it i would write it down? Ha no!) Anyway, i miss ya and i am feeling the need to drink some beer and bash men or whatever else we feel like!! Take care:)

4. careann says:

Happy New Year to you! My hubby and I traveled to spend a couple weeks over Christmas with family, and the choice for bringing in the New Year was to celebrate midnight “mid-Atlantic time” with the children so we adults could then watch a movie, munch on a few snacks and still be in bed before 11 p.m.! How “adult” is that???

Hope your back is better by now, and 2012 is already heading in the right direction for you.

Blessings
    Carol

• Hi Carol. I know, I’m a bit late in getting back to everyone. Sorry!
      I can’t say 2012 is ringing my bell any so far, but it’s still early so who knows. Hey, hanging out with family and/or friends, watching a movie and munching on goodies, sounds like a great way to spend New Years Eve. I spent most of it in bed alone. Whoopie! At least I wasn’t hungover the next day. 🙂

5. Ah yay!! You have not fallen off the earth as I had previously feared. I also followed your path of staying in all cuddled up to my tattoed rocker of a boyfriend. And it was absolute bliss. Happy New Year Pissy!

• Sorry I’m late in my replies. Have been busy with my head up my ass the last few weeks. 😦
      Ahhh, there ain’t nothing quite like a bad boy, is there? Or…at least one that looks that way. Ha..ha.. Clean cut guys that mind their manners bore me to tears. They always have. The more the hair, ink, and attitude the better.

6. Jack Scott says:

I think you did the right thing. I woke up unable to feel my legs after a night out on the town. Will I ever learn? Have a fabulous 2012. Starting the New Year with a clear head is a good start.

• Sorry, sorry, sorry, it’s taken me so long to get back to you, Jack. I hope your New Year has been going well.
      Woke up unable to feel your legs? Ummm…what were you doing the night before, huh…huh…? Sounds like something along the lines of contortion. Were you a Jack in the Box? Ha..ha..ha..ha.. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself….

7. daisyfae says:

Happy New Year! it sounds to me as if you did it just right… the holiday is overblown, overhyped, and as your husband says “amateur night”. it’s a date on the calendar. and the time of year i screw up the few checks i still have to write every month!

• Hey ya, daisyfae. I’m making my round of apologies for taking so long to reply to everyone.
      Yeah, I know you and the Old Man are right about New Years Eve. To be honest, it’s not as much fun as it used to be, anyway. Too many young kids that can’t handle their alcohol, and men who can’t keep their mouth shut and their hands to themselves. Oh wait…that’s me! Ha..ha..

8. Patricia says:

Good to see you again. Nice way to start the new year. Hope you have a happy new year with all the people and things that make you laugh at what ever gets thrown at you.

9. Brenda says:

Happy New Year! Here’s wishing 2012 is a better year for you and your family!

• Sorry I’ve taken so long to reply, Bren. I hope things are going great for you and yours so far this year too. Once I get my head cleared from the vicinity of my ass I think mine will get better. Ha..ha..

Sounds like we have the same hairdresser 😀

Happy New Years Day, PKL!

• Am I a little late to the game, or what? Damn I’ve become a procrastinator.
      You know I can’t figure it out. When I was young my hair was fine and stick straight. Then the more years that passed in my adulthood my hair started getting thick and having this little wave to it. WTF, right? Anyway, I kinda like it unruly and the Old Man thinks it looks like I have messy ‘sex’ hair when I let it go, so what the hell! Most of the time though I put it up just to get it out of my damn face.

Glad to see you’re still around. Been missing you, Lou.Happy New Year,

12. And a big Happy New Year from Oz to you. I let the new year come in all by itself. I was tired, and figured it would get here anyway. And what do you know it did.
    I have been an adult for quite a while now and still do dumb things and make an ass of myself. Most days, and certainly every week. Though mind you, despite being an adult I still don’t know who I want to be when I grow up. Does that make sense? Probably not but it is true.
    I am glad to see you in the blogosphere again. Take care of yourself, let that damn back heal, and come back soon. You are missed when you are away.

• Howdy, Hon. Okay, I know we chat all the time via-email, but I didn’t want to single you out with no reply. As if!
      Hey, I’m with you on the not knowing what I want to be when I grow up. Oh wait…yes I do. I want to be happy! 🙂

13. siggiofmaine says:

First off…they still make Squirt ? WoW/
    That was so I would remember what I wanted to write.
    Now, the important stuff…I hope your back is on the mend…and I also have been in the mode of the mother of adult children in high maintenance mode….aka crisis. It is a normal state during the holidays at my house now since the mid sixties. I did get my peace and quiet for Christmas, but I know from experience, it just builds up pressure in adult child ! Hope things are better at your house…it could help the stress and pain in your back.
    I had a BIG night out…at a friends until…shocker…8:10 pm. Made it two hours plus tonight !
    Even tho you’ve had a less than successful evening, but successful in a way, it is good to hear from you. … your description created quite the vision for me. Delightful in person, I’m sure.
    Best wishes for a wonderful 2012…may all your plans and wishes come true.
    Peace and love
    Siggi in Downeast Maine

• Hi, Sig. Three weeks into the New Year already, and I’m just now getting back to you. How’s that for staying on the ball?
      First of all, yes Siggi they still have squirt. 🙂 It’s so refreshing. ‘Ahhh’
      Well, I can’t say that I’m not thankful that the holidays are past, because I am. I was really looking forward to starting the new year, and although it hasn’t been real memorable, at least there hasn’t been any major crisis occurring. There’s still hope for it anyway. It’s early. I hope yours is wonderful too!